Sunday 24 April 2016

LONDON AREA GUIDE: LORDSHIP LANE, DULWICH

For me, Sundays are for two things; waking up whenever the hell you like and taking leisurely strolls around South London. If that isn't how you spend yours, then I strongly recommend you give it go. East Dulwich's Lordship Lane is yet another little gem in the south eastern crown. It's home to a string of pubs, independent stores and eclectic modern eateries. In comparison to Brixton, Peckham and Lewisham, it really hasn't changed a great deal since I was a kid. It's retained it's sense of community despite the inevitable gentrification and has always been a road for great fresh food.
Usually, my posts will have some interior and food shots, but this was a fleeting visit and I haven't posted anything for 2 months. I'm really happy with how these photos came out though, I hope it gives you a good idea of what Lordship Lane has to offer.





The Blue Brick Cafe is a vegetarian and vegan cafe serving up fresh breakfasts, brunches and lunches. You can also east some vegan baked good bakes, accompanied by a proper cuppa tea or coffee. 




Street art: Lordship Lane

As I mentioned, this was a fleeting visit and couldn't get all the content I wanted. On the upside, this meant I got to snap some of the amazing street art that finds it's home on the side of the Victorian terrace houses.


 "Dulwich Fight Club" by the ludicrously talented Conor Harrington 

 A signature style mural by Madc

"Save The Children" - Any Surface 

Here we have an original and unmistakable piece by Stik


As always, I hope this quick photographic journal of another south London gem will inspire you to stray from your postcode and explore the lesser known parts of this sprawling city. 

Next up, is Amsterdam & Prague :) 

Dan x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice round-up mate, i enjoyed seeing the street art.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude, I don't have my camera on me when I'm in the area and thought it was about time snapped some shots. Great place in London!

      Delete

© City & Cinema. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig